Saturday, March 21, 2009

CouncilWoman

I am in the process of campaigning for Councilwoman in my township. I am new to politics and am looking to solicit ideas on best practices. The current township is dominated by a republican party, and I suspect based on my current conversations with the people in this township that winning will not be difficult, due to the inaction of the current council people. I took my first step and attended a council meeting, which lasted all but 20 minutes. I am in Marketing and am very comfortable speaking and engaging people. Any ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Stay true to your core beliefs, maintain your integrity at all costs, and never stop learning. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what my holistic chiropracter said. I should win if I stick to my beliefs, etc.

    thanks for the feedback. I'm so excited now that I have a follower! I am new to blogging, so I have to go in and do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attended my first campaign rally kick off this past weekend and I'm very excited in the direction of the campaign. PA Congressman Joe Sestak stopped in and chatted for a little while. Since I am new to politics and this is my first time running, he recommended a book named: Ambition and Power. I ordered the book and am looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm learning so much from this experience. It's most interesting having conversations with people while canvassing. Most have so much to say, however involved in the political process very little. I'm also surprise of the amount of racism that still exist. Well, I try my best to keep a very calm approach a present a different point of view with most people that I speak with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's been a couple of months of meeting people etc. It seems I'm the only one in my group that is canvassing and working to try to win this thing. I'm a little frustrated. There are 2 others running for council, a Mayor and several school board candidates. I'm not sure how successful we will all be if everything doesn't work hard.

    ReplyDelete